June 06, 2009

The Wait

So, Dito & I arrived to the hospital elated! I had actually just been in the hospital overnight a week before, so we didn't want to get our hopes up that today would be the day! We went into the ER, and they took me in within about about 20 minutes. My doctor had already called in so my room was being prepared for me before we even arrived. When I got into the room I changed into the fabulous gown they provide and they connected me to all kinds of nice monitors as well as an IV. Dito was allowed in the room once they completed the assessment. My contractions were 3 minutes apart, and it was about 2:00pm. The most hilarious thing ever was that Dito was on the phone negotiating Home Owner's Insurance so that we could close on our home, and while I laid in bed in labor, I could also hear the lady next door screaming as she was having her baby! It was hilarious and kept us both laughing and just in awe of the whole experience. By 4:30 my doctor came in to tell us he had to perform an emergency cesarean and then I would be next...so sure enough I was in the operating room by about 5:00. This experience was so much more scary than with Avah! I guess because this time I knew what was coming step by step, and I anticipated everything. Soon, Dito was in the room with me and David Isaiah was born! I heard his cry and tears rolled down my cheeks. Daddy was able to cut his umbilical cord and I gave him a few kisses before they took him away. Finally, our little boy was here!

No comments:

Post a Comment